Drugs becoming more of an issue?

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

A friend of mine (I know him online from another community) said that drugs are becoming more and more of an issue for Vegas but I don't ever hear about it or see it in the news. Does anyone else live in Vegas or close by? I am curious to know if this is true. 

Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member

There was some news on it last year, maybe you missed it? Something about an influx of younger visitors increasing drug issues in Vegas. I think this was due to other places being closed so the party-goers were going to Vegas.

ReplyQuote
Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member

https://www.ktnv.com/news/coronavirus/alarming-rise-counterfeit-prescription-pills-containing-fentanyl-overdoses-in-las-vegas

It is a major issue that I wish more people were talking about. It is a shame that only locals show concern. We should all be aware it is an issue. 

ReplyQuote
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member

Yikes! I heard about this but had no idea they were having issues with fentanyl. I bet this is why a lot of younger people across the US are having heart-related issues and dying. Someone told me that a lot of this is coming up through Mexico and some speculations have been made that China might be selling it to them. Scary stuff!

ReplyQuote
Maria Robinson
(@maria)
Eminent Member

I did not make that connection Shelly! Wow, you have to be right. I did hear about fake pills being found all over the US but the worst of it is down south. 

ReplyQuote
Caleb Oldenburg
(@caleb)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @maria

I did not make that connection Shelly! Wow, you have to be right. I did hear about fake pills being found all over the US but the worst of it is down south. 

I heard about this in 2019 but had no idea how bad it was until the George Floyd incident. His wrongful killing put fentanyl in the news and I think that is when more people started hearing about it. 

ReplyQuote
Share: