Room Charges

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Simon C
(@lost)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

The thread about being overcharged reminded me of this. I remember I was looking up reviews for the MGM Grand awhile back, and I came across a review about someone who was charged for smoking in the room even though they hadn't. I guess there's sensors in the rooms that will alert if they detect any smoke at all. I forget how much the person was charged but it was a big number and they wouldn't reverse it. I would be so upset if that happened to me. Has this ever been a problem for anyone?

Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member

I wonder if maybe they vaped? I know some detectors can falsely signal from things like this or even lit candles. I remember a friend of mine saying this happened to them at a local hotel. The candles were in the room so they expected them to be used. 

ReplyQuote
Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member

That seems like a rare thing unless they plan for it. I have heard of hotels trying to pull this stuff off as a way to milk people for money but they ended up getting in trouble legally or they can't do anything to make people pay for the cost.

ReplyQuote
Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member

I heard about this from someone I work with. The same thing happened at the MGM. They were a non-smoker. The two people staying in the room had never smoked in fact. Not even weed or vaping. They did get the charge pulled off because the guy said you can check everything in our bags, we do not smoke! 

ReplyQuote
Sarah Wilson
(@shwilson)
Eminent Member

I read reviews of various places where people complained about this. Sometimes it was down to the staff and hotel but other times it was down to the guests. It seems like it happens at most places in Vegas from time to time. 

ReplyQuote
Share: