How much money shou...

Notifications
Clear all

How much money should I have set aside for tips at the hotel?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Solace Levine
(@friend)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

In any hotel I have ever stayed in, I have not had any reason to tip but I know in a place like Vegas that it is a common thing. You have people who do room service, bring up your luggage, and so on. How much do you think I should have set aside for tipping people in the hotel for services? 

Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member

Depends on the hotel and services. I would say you shouldn't need more than $50 but that is aiming higher. $25 or $30 should be enough. Just do $2 and $3 tips.

ReplyQuote
Tara L
(@talltara)
Eminent Member

Yeah, you shouldn't need a lot to pay in tips. I rarely bothered the hotel staff, so I didn't have to do a lot of tips. But whenever they came by for any reason, I'd tip them a little bit to make up for the trip. Maybe a $5 here and a few bucks there. 

ReplyQuote
Milo F
(@simba21)
Estimable Member

Any time I have stayed in a hotel, I have only had to tip for food services. I always carried up my own luggage and everything. I would do $3 or $5 tips for the food. That was about it. You don't want to be too tip happy as you will attract more workers who will be trying to do more for you knowing you are giving out tips left and right.

ReplyQuote
Morgana G
(@morgana)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @simba21

Any time I have stayed in a hotel, I have only had to tip for food services. I always carried up my own luggage and everything. I would do $3 or $5 tips for the food. That was about it. You don't want to be too tip happy as you will attract more workers who will be trying to do more for you knowing you are giving out tips left and right.

Yeah I don't recall having to tip a whole lot. I too tipped for food and other services the hotel staff performed, but otherwise I didn't have to tip a whole lot. 

I'd say tip if they carry your bags and provide services, but I don't think you need to tip otherwise. 

ReplyQuote
Share: