Gipsy planning a 2022 return?

7 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I had thought they shut down for good last year but I guess they must have had more investors or investments as it appears they are opening back up. My sister loved this spot. She went several times with one of her close friends (he's a gay man) and they would have the time of their life there. I mean it has been around since the '80s so I am happy to see it coming back even though I had never been.

Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member

I am straight and honestly have enjoyed it here a few times. I feel like this is one of the few gay bars that you can actually have a good time in and be straight. Just have to make sure they know otherwise you will be getting hit on a lot! LOL

ReplyQuote
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

I agree with Fit. This is one of the few gay clubs that I honestly never thought I would love but really enjoyed. They did a few drag nights over the years when I went and it was a lot of fun!

ReplyQuote
Caleb Oldenburg
(@caleb)
Eminent Member

Do you think they will end up running into problems again? I have never been here but I have heard of all sorts of stories! It seems like gay clubs are always the wildest of the bunch! 

ReplyQuote
FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @caleb

Do you think they will end up running into problems again? I have never been here but I have heard of all sorts of stories! It seems like gay clubs are always the wildest of the bunch! 

Oh no doubt! They have a rep to uphold! haha!

And yeah, gay clubs part hard. Most of the time they get in trouble for drug use but there have been some to get into deep legal issues. 

ReplyQuote
Caleb Oldenburg
(@caleb)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @fifteengreen
Posted by: @caleb

Oh no doubt! They have a rep to uphold! haha!

And yeah, gay clubs part hard. Most of the time they get in trouble for drug use but there have been some to get into deep legal issues. 

We have a gay nightclub downtown where I live and I swear on a weekly basis the cops are there. You never see this at the lesbian bars though. I always thought that was funny. I asked my friend (who is gay) about this and he said that the reasoning is that lesbians don't know how to party LOL

ReplyQuote
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member

Given their history, I am not sure I would personally go to this club. Gay or not, I tend to stay away from clubs and areas that attract issues with violations, breaking laws, and everything else. 

ReplyQuote
Share: