Should I buy tickets off Facebook?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Someone told me that I could find some pretty good deals for tickets on Facebook. Usually from people who had to cancel their trip and can't make use of the concert tickets. I am just not sure if it is a good idea to buy them on Facebook or not. 

Mimsy Ravenclaw
(@mimsy)
Trusted Member

Honestly, yes and no. If you do buy from Facebook, make sure it's through their system and not something off site. If you don't buy through Facebook itself, you don't have any recourse if the seller cheats you. 

Just be safe when you buy on Facebook. Check the seller profile too to make sure they have good reviews. Facebook includes a rating system now. 

ReplyQuote
Nick Carmichael
(@spacenick)
Trusted Member

If you know the person or someone you know knows them, sure but I would not risk something like this with a stranger. I have heard of people getting ripped off numerous times on both Craigslist and Facebook. 

ReplyQuote
Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member

I spend a lot of time on Facebook. I know how to read posts and interact with people. I have a good BS detector as well. That being said, not even I would buy tickets on Facebook. The main reason being is that it has been a mess since COVID and they are getting more strict with ticket verification. You can very well buy tickets but if they are tied to someone else's ID or credit for ID, you are screwed.

ReplyQuote
Share: