Why are cars so hard to get?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Helen Smith
(@helen)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

A lot of people have been complaining in recent years that despite there being so many options for car services these days, they struggle to get a ride to where they want to go when in Las Vegas. Complaints about Lyft, Uber, and many other rideshare services have loads of complaints as well as local Las Vegas taxi services. What is up with this? Are there not enough drivers in the area?

This topic was modified 3 years ago by admin

Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member

Some believe it is down to just being so busy but I think they are always having a hard time keeping drivers. A lot of people in Vegas get very drunk and not many people to know how to safely drive intoxicated people around. I would argue being a driver as a female is one of the most unsafe jobs in Las Vegas. I never bet a female Uber driver there, any wonder why?

ReplyQuote
Nick Carmichael
(@spacenick)
Trusted Member

It is just busy and it is something not many travelers to the area consider. I always tell people to be within walking distance of places they plan on going to or rent a car. Either way, you don't want to be stuck waiting 45 minutes for someone to pick you up for a show that started 20 minutes ago. 

ReplyQuote
mark
 mark
(@mark)
Trusted Member

I thought that the problem went away once the Governor allowed surge pricing again.  Maybe it is just a supply vs demand issue.  Las Vegas has seen an incredible increase in tourists this year.

ReplyQuote
Share: