Holidays in Vegas

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Mystery Machine
(@mistry)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone ever spent Christmas in Las Vegas? I was looking at some of the holiday offerings and it seems like it would be a fun thing to do. I would think all of the hotels do a lot of decorating during this time of the year!

Cindy Randolph
(@cindysox)
Eminent Member

For like the week after Christmas before NYE.  NYE on the Las Vegas strip is pretty packed.  They close down the strip and have fireworks.  For the first part of the week that included the day after Christmas it was pretty dead.  I went in 2019 (before Covid) and the prices of rooms were pretty cheap.  Stayed at Planet Hollywood for around $100 a room including the resort fee.  I don't remember there being any Christmas decorations or events if that is what you are into.  It was nice though to have Las Vegas with less crowds.

ReplyQuote
Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member

I have never gone during the Holiday season for the simple reason that it is PACKED. I have seen pictures and videos from people who have gone and there is probably a 25 to 30% increase of guests from Thanksgiving weekend until after the first week of January. 

ReplyQuote
Edith Winbaum
(@edith)
Eminent Member

Years ago, I went during the first week of December. It really wasn't all that busy but this was before a lot of the newer offerings opened up. It seems like it would be packed during this time of the year now though!

ReplyQuote
FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member

I went once when it was closer to Christmas. It wasn't bad but it was fairly busy. There were a lot more tourists as well which kind of made wait times a pain for restaurants, gambling tables, etc. I personally would rather go after the holiday season. 

ReplyQuote
Share: