Crime on the rise in Vegas!

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I heard complaints about this but I was thinking this was just people getting worked up over a few bad eggs. Well, this is not the case. Apparently, the deals and the government handouts have attracted bad crowds to Vegas so crime on the stip is seeing a record high of issues. Someone I work with said cops were all over the place when she recently went. The flight even had people being rude, swearing, yelling, and screaming at the flight attendants for no reason. Anyone else notice this?

Ron John
(@ronald)
Eminent Member

I have heard the same. I saw something local about it in the news even. I don't live far from NV, just a state away. It is a shame if this is the case. Crime will always be an issue but it seems to be rising everywhere.

ReplyQuote
Jessica Campbell
(@jessica)

I sure hope this is not true. I haven't heard anything on this but now I am wondering if I should wait to plan our trip. If it is bad now, it will likely continue for the next few months. Which areas seem to be bad? 

ReplyQuote
Edgar Garcia
(@edgar)
Eminent Member

Do you have a source for this info? I haven't heard anything about it. But, I imagine crime is high due to the pandemic, so you are probably right. 

Anyway, when traveling, just make sure to have friends or family along with you. The more people, the more likely you are to be fine. 

ReplyQuote
FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member

I see an older news article about this from almost a year ago, back in October 2020. I am not seeing anything recent. Are you sure this was not some older news story that was maybe updated and shared around?

ReplyQuote
winner
(@winner)
Trusted Member

I can see the pandemic causing a rise in crime, but I feel like with less people on the streets and in Vegas in general, crime would actually fall down a bit. But idk, maybe it went up because of covid.

I like what Edgar suggested. Bring friends or family along with you, so that you're more protected if something does happen. Most of the time people are attacked or robbed when they are alone, it's a bit tough for someone to deal with a group, so they tend to look for stragglers or people alone.

ReplyQuote
Share: