Timeshares

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Simon C
(@lost)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone ever bought or used a timeshare in Vegas? A buddy of mine has a timeshare at Wesgate but has never been to the one there. I'm not a big timeshare fan, I feel like you can find a good deal in Vegas without it and with a timeshare, you're stuck with that one resort. What do you guys think? 

Ready Me
(@ready)
Eminent Member

My uncle has a timeshare at Disney and him and his family really enjoy it. Maybe you just have to search and find the right one that works for you? I guess it would be nice to have a familiar place to stay at when you go.

ReplyQuote
Milo F
(@simba21)
Estimable Member

A friend of mine was dating someone who was selling timeshares. He got roped into one in Vegas. It ended up going belly up and he was out hundreds of dollars. The ex of his ended up leaving Vegas and moving to California and has scammed people out there now.

ReplyQuote
Mystery Machine
(@mistry)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @simba21

A friend of mine was dating someone who was selling timeshares. He got roped into one in Vegas. It ended up going belly up and he was out hundreds of dollars. The ex of his ended up leaving Vegas and moving to California and has scammed people out there now.

I feel like there must be some timeshares that are ok but they're scams for the most part. I know a guy that got stuck with one and was going to sell it to a friend for $1. The timeshare company stepped in and said they had the right to buy it at whatever price the guy set. So he had to keep it just to stop them from having it! 

ReplyQuote
Magic Man
(@memphis)
Trusted Member

Don't do it!  Most timeshares in Las Vegas will cost more per year on maintenance than just renting a nice hotel room on the Las Vegas strip.  Also, a timeshare locks you in to a location, time frame, and/or a company program.  So less freedom on where and when you do your vacation.

ReplyQuote
Share: