64th annual Grammy Awards

6 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

The music awards ceremony was postponed from its 31 January date due to the US surge of the Omicron variant of Covid-19. The Grammys will now take place on 3 April at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Comedian and The Daily Show host Trevor Noah will return as host.

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/grammy-awards-2022-music-ceremony-090302040.html

So they set a new date for it and now it will be held in Vegas. No surprise here. Things are a lot more relaxed in Vegas and given the weather, I would imagine it is safer all around. 

Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

I completely forgot this was meant to happen this month. I haven't watched or paid any attention to the Grammys in a good 10 years now. It has gone downhill big time since like 2012. I just don't care about it anymore. 

ReplyQuote
Maria Robinson
(@maria)
Eminent Member

I know some people care about this and enjoy watching it but I never did. My husband used to watch it but I think because I never cared for it he stopped over the years. 

ReplyQuote
Caleb Oldenburg
(@caleb)
Eminent Member

I heard Ricky Gervais wanted to host it and would do so for free but they would have to allow him to say whatever he wanted. They declined LOL

ReplyQuote
Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @caleb

I heard Ricky Gervais wanted to host it and would do so for free but they would have to allow him to say whatever he wanted. They declined LOL

Ricky is one of my favorites to this day because he is not afraid to crap on Hollywood and their garbage. Sadly, they don't want to risk people damaging their fragile egos so he likely will never host something like this again. 

ReplyQuote
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Ricky is a gem. Anyone standing their ground against this woke-nonsense is a hero in my eyes. These people are ruining everything from movies to video games and I am honestly sick of it.

ReplyQuote
Share: