What happens if you...

Notifications
Clear all

What happens if you test positive while in Vegas?

5 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I read a story from someone who was in Las Vegas last year (weird saying that now lol) in March I believe it was. They tested positive and were told not to leave the hotel room. They decided to leave Las Vegas entirely and got a flight back home the following day. Apparently, they were not supposed to do this and got in trouble for it. They ended up getting a letter from the hotel telling them they are banned for life. I don't know if this is true or not, I just read it on a random forum board but that is crazy if this is the case. Apparently, they got charged extra from the hotel as well.

Does anyone know what actually happens if you test positive while in Vegas?

Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member

I believe they make you stay in the hotel for 5 days or you can choose to leave but if you leave, you will still have to pay the expenses of your full stay. That is probably what happened with that person. 

Juliant and Juliant reacted
ReplyQuote
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

I heard the same as posted above. You either have to stay in your hotel or leave. They will charge you extra for hotel stay if you end up needing to be there longer than your stay. A lot of people got ripped off from this I think. 

ReplyQuote
Caleb Oldenburg
(@caleb)
Eminent Member

I know they don't want you flying if you are positive. I am sure there are ways of getting around this though. I think you are technically stuck if you test positive while in Vegas. I have heard of people saying they ended up going into debt over a trip and not because of gambling but forced quarantine. 

ReplyQuote
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @caleb

I know they don't want you flying if you are positive. I am sure there are ways of getting around this though. I think you are technically stuck if you test positive while in Vegas. I have heard of people saying they ended up going into debt over a trip and not because of gambling but forced quarantine. 

I didn't even think of this. I wonder if you can get in trouble? I mean I would imagine they do tests on people if they have not been vaccinated at the airports but a lot of people who have been vaccinated are still getting the virus. 

ReplyQuote
Share: