What age is best for your first trip?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I know most people in my family did not go to Vegas until after they were 21 so they can have access to everything Las Vegas has to offer. What age do you think is best to go for your first time? I was 26 when I went for the first time and loved it. I feel like if I was younger, I wouldn't have appreciated it as much.

Simon C
(@lost)
Eminent Member

Agreed. I think you need to be over 21 or you don't get the full experience. I wouldn't want to plan a whole trip with my kid and then up not being able to enjoy what I normally would.

ReplyQuote
FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member

21 should be the standard. I mean you can have fun as a kid but I don't think you can have fun from ages 13 to 20. My first trip was when I was 7 and I had a lot of good memories. I didn't go again until I was 22 and it was a whole different experience as a legal adult. 

ReplyQuote
Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member

I would argue that you can still have fun at 18 but you will run into a lot of roadblocks if you have no clue what you are doing or where you are going. If you are going to go before the age of 21, it is best to go with someone who has gone there a few times and knows the areas.

ReplyQuote
Sarah Wilson
(@shwilson)
Eminent Member

I think 21 is the youngest. I personally wouldn't want to go as a child or teen nor take a child or teen. I know it is more family-friendly these days but you have to plan everything out in advance and I would rather just enjoy myself without having to worry about kids.

ReplyQuote
Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @fittravel

I would argue that you can still have fun at 18 but you will run into a lot of roadblocks if you have no clue what you are doing or where you are going. If you are going to go before the age of 21, it is best to go with someone who has gone there a few times and knows the areas.

This is fair to say. I mean I have seen plenty of teens in Vegas on my trips so it isn't like there is nothing happening they can't attend. A lot of them go for clubs and concerts for obvious reasons. 

ReplyQuote
Share: