Death Valley

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Edith Winbaum
(@edith)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Is it worth taking a ride out to Death Valley while on a trip? Is it something that takes the day to do or should we plan something else for that day? 

Gabriel Martinez
(@gmsquare)
Eminent Member

I've been out there a few times and I really loved it. It's definitely something that takes all day and even then you might not see everything. I would plan to go if you can!

ReplyQuote
Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member

It is a good place to just go take in nature. It is like living in another world if you are not from the areas of the US which have deserts. I live up north so I like to make a point to go here at least once a year.

ReplyQuote
Magic Man
(@memphis)
Trusted Member

Certainly a full day trip.  A couple of things you can see in Death Valley is Badwater Basin and the Wildrose Charcoal Kilns. 

The Wildrose Charcoal Kilns were built in 1877 and used for supplying charcoal to the local mines in the area.  They were only used for a couple of years but still are a great place to visit.

Scotty's Castle was also a  popular destination but it is closed due to a flood and is expected to reopen in 2022. 

ReplyQuote
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

I wouldn't recommend going a long but as a group, it is a lot of fun. You just have to be aware of the area. It helps to be with someone who is familiar enough with wildlife to spot any dangers or threats as well. 

ReplyQuote
Share: