How common are hotel shootings?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Foodiz Yum
(@foodiz)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I saw in the news the other day a man was shot dead in his hotel room at the Sahara. It made me think about it for a bit and now it has me wondering how common this sort of thing is. I am sure drugs move through the area as well as gang-related issues. How common do you think this sort of thing is in Las Vegas? 

Helen Smith
(@helen)
Eminent Member

I don't know if I can give you a valid statistic for this because a lot of stories are only talked about locally. I know there was a mass shooting on the strip in 2017 that was pretty bad but hotel shootings tend to be personal matters more than criminal activity or a violent rampage. 

ReplyQuote
mark
 mark
(@mark)
Trusted Member

In the past the LV strip was relatively safe.  This year there has been a surge in crime in addition to the surge in tourists.  The police have been putting more officers in the area since May and that has helped.

ReplyQuote
Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member

There is crime popping up all over the US, so the crime rates of the last two years in Vegas are not common. Like Mark mentioned, this is due to a large rush of tourists coming out of 2020's lockdowns I would imagine. 

ReplyQuote
Share: