Clear all

Does anyone use craigslist las vegas to find concert tickets

6 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
Holly Stewart
(@hollystewart)
Topic starter  

I used Craigslist Las Vegas many years ago to get a good deal on Lion King tickets at Mandalay Bay.  Now that I think about it, it was a bit dangerous because I found someone selling tickets and then had to meet them in front of the venue to exchange money / tickets.  The tickets could have been fake or something and there would be nothing I could do.  Anyway, wanted to know if anyone has used craigslist las vegas to get concert tickets or anything for that matter lately.  Cheers!

Clay Goldmine
(@clay)
Trusted Member

Of course, you will probably find many people attempting to sell tickets on Craigslist. But bear in mind, when meeting, try to meet in a public place. It's less dangerous that way. 

ReplyQuote
Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member

Yes, but you have to be very careful. A friend of mine got tickets for Vegas on there and was meant to pick them up the day before his trip and the guy no-showed him. So he ended up missing out on the show and had to change his plans for his trip. Another guy I work with bought tickets that turned out to be fake. 

ReplyQuote
Clay Goldmine
(@clay)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @pizzablue

Yes, but you have to be very careful. A friend of mine got tickets for Vegas on there and was meant to pick them up the day before his trip and the guy no-showed him. So he ended up missing out on the show and had to change his plans for his trip. Another guy I work with bought tickets that turned out to be fake. 

Yup, those are things to consider whenever buying secondhand tickets. I remember when they used to sell tickets at the concert, and they'd often charge double, or sell fake tickets. It just now moved to the internet. 

If you want to buy tickets secondhand, I'd ignore craigslist and any similar sites, because there's usually no recourse if any mistakes happen. Buy from a site that sells tickets, and ones that specialize in selling second hand tickets, so you at least are assured it's the actual ticket at a fair price. 

ReplyQuote
Mimsy Ravenclaw
(@mimsy)
Trusted Member

Please skip craigslist, unless you can garauntee the tickets are 100% real. Otherwise I would not bother buying anything from anyone using Craigslist. I never trusted it, and I never will. 

ReplyQuote
Elvis Geek
(@elvisgeek)
Eminent Member

Yeah I would skip craigslist now since there are ticket site like stubhub now and others where there is an online transfer and some guarantee that the ticket is valid

ReplyQuote
Share: