Table Poker vs Video Poker

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone here have experience with either or both? I have only played poker with friends and family but I am considering giving it a go when I am in Las Vegas. I just don't know which would be better. I am curious about what others have experienced and which they prefer. 

This topic was modified 3 years ago by admin

Tox Bloom
(@tox)
Estimable Member

Video Poker is  more about mathematical odds.

Table poker can be a bit challenging to play in person.... you can download a mobile game like WSOP or Zynga Poker to practice.  Then try a low limit tournament as practice.  Just assume that the $50 for entry is the price of a lesson.... after some time you will be comfortable to play in the cash games

ReplyQuote
Nick Carmichael
(@spacenick)
Trusted Member

Since you are used to playing in person, you will likely enjoy playing with people more. Video poker can be a bit annoying and boring. At least to me, it is. I play Poker once a month with a group of friends so playing on a screen just doesn't appeal to me.

ReplyQuote
Foodiz Yum
(@foodiz)
Eminent Member

Video poker is easier to relax with. I am not much into playing table games though. Unless I am with a group, I don't like sitting with strangers and playing a game. 

ReplyQuote
Share: