Should I cancel my trip?

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Maria Robinson
(@maria)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have a trip planned for the second week of February. I had booked it in September and since then it seems like things are all over the place in terms of COVID restrictions and mandates again. I just don't want to run into any delays or issues. 

Caleb Oldenburg
(@caleb)
Eminent Member

I was planning on going to Vegas this year myself but I am not entirely sure if I should or not. I might wait another year. Most experts are saying we should be back to normal by the end of the year so I would imagine travel will be a non-issue again. I haven't gone to Vegas since 2014 so I was looking forward to going in 2020 and then the virus hit. What a huge inconvenience and pain it has been. 

ReplyQuote
FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member

I saw in the news that the Supreme Court had blocked the mandates for businesses. I am thinking you will be fine to go on your trip because of this. Once something gets blocked, it takes several weeks to several months for things to get rehashed. 

ReplyQuote
Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member

You shouldn't have much of an issue but there are talks of supply chain issues again so I wouldn't book anything too advanced in terms of eating. Some places might be out of certain options at restaurants. 

ReplyQuote
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

I agree with what others have mentioned. You should be safe to go and be in a "safe zone" where the effects of COVID and the shortages shouldn't affect your trip. Things can change overnight though so I can also understanding not wanting to go. If I were you though, I would go!

ReplyQuote
Maria Robinson
(@maria)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I was talking with some friends and family and most of them are telling me to go ahead and enjoy myself. I am going to just go. I feel like at this point, if I don't I may never go! 

ReplyQuote
FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @maria

Thanks for your feedback everyone. I was talking with some friends and family and most of them are telling me to go ahead and enjoy myself. I am going to just go. I feel like at this point, if I don't I may never go! 

I am changing my response having seen the issues from Omicran. It seems like flights will continue to be an issue and your flight may get canceled to or from Vegas so it is really worth considering! 

ReplyQuote
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

^ Yeah the other thread talks about this: https://spotlightvegas.com/community/main-forum/omicron-surge-impacting-transit-staff/#post-2523

I don't know if issues will be sorted in time for your trip at this point OP.

ReplyQuote
Maria Robinson
(@maria)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I did hear about this and now I am back on the fence again! I am going to give it till the end of the weekend and if things aren't improving then I am going to just cancel the trip and wait until April or May to go.

ReplyQuote
Share: