Renting vs Owning A Home

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I don't know if anyone here lives in Vegas but I am curious if it is logical to buy or just to rent. I was considering moving to Las Vegas when I turn 40. I could find work pretty easily but I am not sure if I would want to buy property or just rent in case I decide to move back in 5 or 10 years. 

Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member

Rent is fairly high in Las Vegas. Depending on how close you live to the strip and in what area, you will be paying at least $1,500 a month in rent and that is for a very small apartment. If you want a house, you will be paying over $2,000, not including utilities. I would say it is cheaper to buy a house but then you are locked in so it is a toss-up. 

ReplyQuote
Linda Taylor
(@gameover)
Eminent Member

I agree that it would be cheaper to buy a home. The rental prices are crazy and you don't get a  lot for what  you're paying. I would make a few trips first to see what the situation is.

ReplyQuote
Sarah Wilson
(@shwilson)
Eminent Member

Buying is almost always cheaper. Where we live, you can get a nice house for under 200k and be paying around $1100 a month if you have good credit. This is usually for a 3 bedroom house. If you were to rent that in this area, it would be $2,000 a month. I don't think this is a Vegas issue. The rent is higher for less but it seems to be about the same as where I live and I am in Michigan. 

ReplyQuote
Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member

If you are not sure you want to lay down a foundation, rent and see how it goes. You can always buy a year or two down the road. Just be aware that rent prices are only set to increase due to inflation. 

ReplyQuote
Share: