Labor Day Traffic back to LA

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Tox Bloom
(@tox)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Traffic was horrible going back to Los Angeles from Las Vegas on Labor Day evening.  Every time I do that trip on a holiday weekend, I always say "Never again" or "Next time I'll stay one more day"

Just thought I'd share my random thoughts.

Had a good trip in any case.  Stayed at New York New York... enjoyed the MGM Grand Buffet.  I wasn't really able to catch any shows this time but maybe next time.

Sherri Freeman
(@bluejays)
Eminent Member

I heard about this! A family friend goes every year and said this year was especially bad which was not expected. I think this was because costs were lower to encourage more people to go to Vegas.

ReplyQuote
Crazy for Pizza
(@crazybread)

That's why I never go during a holiday. Labor Day especially gets packed, because most people tend to have a 4 day weekend, and so it's like a perfect time to get out to Vegas for the weekend and then back. 

But, for me I can't do traffic, so I wait until the off times, where it's less people around. 

ReplyQuote
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

It is not worth it going during holidays like this because it will always be more crowded. A lot of people take long weekends for Labor Day which results in a huge influx of people heading to Vegas every single year.

ReplyQuote
FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member

I have never been to Vegas for Labor Day weekend. I have had the chance to go but I would never bother, even if someone paid for everything. It is always heavily crowded and traffic is terrible. I am not surprised by this at all.

ReplyQuote
Share: