Is it true that peo...

Notifications
Clear all

Is it true that people are leaving Vegas?

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I heard a rumor that a lot of people are moving away from Las Vegas due to price increases and the cost of living going up even more. Seems like people are leaving the area or leaving the state entirely. It seems to be an active topic on a Facebook group I am in but no one is showing any proof this is happening. Anyone know if it is true?

Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member

This is likely down to costs going up as well as crime. The crimes started going up late 2020 and many people believe this was down to people who normally wouldn't be taking trips going on them thanks to having stimulus checks. They should have given people food coupons and things to pay their bills instead of just a check they could do whatever they wanted with.

ReplyQuote
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

I think people, in general, are leaving crowded cities and areas where they saw the most restrictions from COVID happen. I can't blame them. I would never want to live in a city. I am happy living in my spacious suburb that only has like 10k residents. 

ReplyQuote
Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member

Juliant is spot on. It is not so much a Vegas issue as it is a city issue. I have seen so many places go up for sale in my local big city spots it is not even funny. Also, houses in suburban areas are selling for a good 20k over the asking price on average. 

ReplyQuote
Tara L
(@talltara)
Eminent Member

I think Covid is a big thing. Plus the rising crime, it just all boils down to one big problem. And I think a lot of people are leaving Vegas because of it. But, I could also see Vegas one day becoming only a destination and not much of a place to live. Sure people working there will have a home, but I can see the majority of people traveling there to go to the Vegas strip and all that. 

ReplyQuote
Leo Lion
(@lion)

I honestly don't know. I feel like with Vegas, most people wouldn't want to live there. I know I don't think I would want to live in Vegas, but visiting is no problem for me. I just can't see myself living in Vegas because of the cost to live there and the fact of tourism. 

I prefer living in a quiet place, and going on vacation to Vegas only. 

ReplyQuote
Morgana G
(@morgana)
Trusted Member

I haven't heard of it. But I would assume covid caused a lot of people to move away. A lot of the work here is limited by the amount of tourists around, and if they don't have enough people coming in, people lose their job. 

ReplyQuote
Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Okay, that makes sense. Covid screwed up a lot the last several months so maybe people were moving to be closer to family and changing jobs, things of that nature. It likely isn't as many people as the rumor suggests either.

ReplyQuote
Share: