Have you ever been scammed in Vegas?

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Every time I have gone, I noticed no matter the time of day, there are dozens of people on the strip trying to get people to sign up for something or buy something. I have heard of people getting scammed but I don't know anyone personally who has. Have you ever been scammed?

Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member

I had someone trying to scam me into a room at the MGM. What they were doing was trying to get people to take surveys and handling them fake certificates that were good for the following year for a 3 night stay at MGM. As he was talking to me (I knew it was a scammer) the cops rolled up and arrested him. He was selling people's private information and making good money from it.

ReplyQuote
Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member

Nope. I am very hard to talk to when I am on VK. Anytime someone tries to talk to me that I don't know out on the streets, I will just keep walking. 

ReplyQuote
Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @fittravel

Nope. I am very hard to talk to when I am on VK. Anytime someone tries to talk to me that I don't know out on the streets, I will just keep walking. 

That is honestly a good approach to avoiding situations like this. Just be sure to listen to what they are saying. I once had a guy trying to wave me down. I was thinking he was trying to sell me something. Turns out I dropped my wallet. lol

ReplyQuote
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member

I only went once and didn't have any interactions with any scammers. I guess I was lucky? Not sure. I never heard of it being a major issue in Vegas. Maybe it is that way now, I am not sure.

ReplyQuote
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

I came close to being scammed right at the entrance of my hotel. It was insane cause he was posing as someone who worked for the hotel and I had no idea. I had gone up to my room and intended on giving him information and signing some stuff when I came back down. Got held up and went back down an hour later and he was being arrested lol

ReplyQuote
Share: