Are there rental carts available?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Not cars but "carts". A friend of mine wants to take his mother to Las Vegas for her 70th. She had never been but she has trouble getting around. I am wondering if there are carts of some kind that can be driven on the sidewalk to help people like her get from place to place. She doesn't have a wheelchair at the time being so he is looking into some other options.

Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

The only option I am aware of is Get Around Mobility. They offer mobile scooters, wheelchairs, and walkers. You can see more about that here: https://getaroundmobility.com/5-tips-for-las-vegas-travel-with-a-disability-hint-rent-a-mobility-scooter/

ReplyQuote
Maria Robinson
(@maria)
Eminent Member

There are services that offer motorized wheelchairs and scooters as mentioned. I am fairly certain most areas on the strip don't allow carts because they take up too much room. 

ReplyQuote
Caleb Oldenburg
(@caleb)
Eminent Member

I will have to check and see what the company was but a friend of mine used on just a few years ago and got a really good deal due to his family member's insurance covering most of the cost. Some of them accept this, some don't. 

ReplyQuote
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the information guys/gals. Much appreciaieted. I am going to see if I can find more information on insurance covering the cost as well. I never knew that. 

ReplyQuote
Share: