On the Vegas Boulev...

Notifications
Clear all

On the Vegas Boulevard Hotel... Bed Bugs!?

8 Posts
7 Users
2 Likes
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I was reading reviews for this hotel and it seems like the location is not ideal. They have a pretty popular sex shop across from it which is not the best but what got me freaked out was several accounts of bed bugs being an issue for this hotel. Is this still a thing you have to worry about in 2021?

Nick Carmichael
(@spacenick)
Trusted Member

Oh yes. I had a friend who stayed here back in 2013 and he encountered them. I can't say I would trust them even if they did update and fix their hygiene levels. I would not stay here, even if it was free. Heck, I wouldn't stay here even if someone paid me! 

ReplyQuote
Noah Abbott
(@noahrocks)

Looks like it's been permanently closed according to bing. (Yes I use bing haha). But from the reviews, I'd say that's a good thing at this point. They probably should have closed up shop a lot sooner. 

ReplyQuote
Solace Levine
(@friend)
Eminent Member

I heard they closed. I wonder why... lol

I am glad places like this get shut down. This is disgusting. If any of the bugs get in your luggage, you end up spending thousands because your house becomes infested!

ReplyQuote
Milo F
(@simba21)
Estimable Member

That is disgusting! If I ever stayed at a place and it resulted in bed bugs, I would sue. I heard that you can actually contract illness through bites if they had previously bitten someone with a blood-related illness or disease. 

ReplyQuote
Leo Lion
(@lion)

This is why I read reviews for every hotel and place I want to visit, because there's always a chance that there's stuff like bed bugs. Bed bugs should not be in a hotel. If you have a hotel that does, you need to figure out a solution to that fast. 

Milo F and Milo F reacted
ReplyQuote
Milo F
(@simba21)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @lion

This is why I read reviews for every hotel and place I want to visit, because there's always a chance that there's stuff like bed bugs. Bed bugs should not be in a hotel. If you have a hotel that does, you need to figure out a solution to that fast. 

I have heard of this in other places. Like once one room has them, if you take your time getting rid of them they just spread from room to room and before you know it, most places in the hotel have them or their eggs. We had a local motel that had them. Someone brought them in with them apparently. They didn't know about it until they had already spread to 4 of the 12 rooms. They ended up shutting their doors and closing 2 months later. They couldn't get rid of them. 

ReplyQuote
Elvis Geek
(@elvisgeek)
Eminent Member

I read about that as well... I always check my bed before I go to sleep.

ReplyQuote
Share: