Hotel Rates Dropping big time

11 Posts
11 Users
2 Likes
Tox Bloom
(@tox)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I noticed that the rates for hotels have dropped dramatically this month.  I was looking at weekend rates for Aug 20-22 and you can stay at Excalibur for $35 on Sunday night.  This pretty low.

Clay Goldmine
(@clay)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @tox

I noticed that the rates for hotels have dropped dramatically this month.  I was looking at weekend rates for Aug 20-22 and you can stay at Excalibur for $35 on Sunday night.  This pretty low.

That's great to hear. I assume it's partly to blame on the pandemic. I imagine things will pick up soon and prices will probably revert back to what they were previously. 

ReplyQuote
Robby J
(@mrrobot)
Eminent Member

It means they want to draw people in again. I bet less people are going out, so I think the prices are a way to get people to show up finally. I'm sure a lot will take advantage of these new rates while they can. Because once things open up again, the prices will go up again. 

ReplyQuote
Morgana G
(@morgana)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @mrrobot

It means they want to draw people in again. I bet less people are going out, so I think the prices are a way to get people to show up finally. I'm sure a lot will take advantage of these new rates while they can. Because once things open up again, the prices will go up again. 

That's what I'm seeing here. Covid has stopped most from coming out to do stuff, and now that things are somewhat open, they're trying to draw people back in. Low prices will entice some for sure. 

ReplyQuote
Mimsy Ravenclaw
(@mimsy)
Trusted Member

Probably the best time to get yourself a cheap hotel room and travel to Vegas. I expected covid to kind of drop prices, because they are hoping for more people to come out again. 

ReplyQuote
mark
 mark
(@mark)
Trusted Member

Yes, Las Vegas has certainly had a dip in traffic since the mask mandate went back into place.  Thus the rate dropped as well.  I did see a slight return in rates over the past two weeks but I think around 40% of hotel bookings on the strip cancelled the week that the mask mandate came back.

ReplyQuote
Jimmy Owens
(@jimmy)

I saw rates at $80 per night for Caesars during next week.  Of course there will still be a resort fee 😕 

ReplyQuote
Christopher Robbins
(@chrisrob)

Prices will probably go up with the pandemic leaving. That is, if it ever leaves, as I feel like it's never going to leave at this point. I've been putting off my travels to Vegas due to the pandemic, and I don't know when I will be traveling next. 🙁 I am very hopeful it'll be soon. 

ReplyQuote
Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

Wait the mask mandate is a thing again? I bet a bunch of people canceled their trips or they are deciding to not go which is hurting their revenue. I mean that city relies on people visiting 24/7 so this is going to hurt them big time.

ReplyQuote
Sherri Freeman
(@bluejays)
Eminent Member

You'd be suprised! Even with the mask mandate being back, this past weekend was more crowded than usual. This is according to someone who goes every year for Labor Day weekend! It hasn't bothered people at all it seems.

ReplyQuote
Edgar Garcia
(@edgar)
Eminent Member

Sucks, because I won't be able to take advantage of the low prices myself. I won't be able to travel to Vegas until next year, so I bet hotel rates will increase by that point. 🙁 

ReplyQuote
Share: