Have you ever been overcharged?

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Milo F
(@simba21)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

A co-worker recently went on a trip where he was overcharged for his room. He had a standard package but for some reason when they checked him in, he was upgraded and promoted with a bill when he was checking out. He had never asked for an upgrade. I don't know how the mistake happened but they refused to do anything about it and forced him to pay it. Has anything like this ever happened to you? He stayed at the Flamingo.  

Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

I was only charged for some alcohol I didn't drink one time. I am not sure why but they checked the room to see I didn't drink it and promptly took the charge off my bill. I can't remember what hotel this was. 

ReplyQuote
Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member

I had this happen once. I was charged extra for some spa packages that I didn't use. I think this was because they were running a deal and I had come on the last day so I was charged for it. It was a mistake in their computers. 

ReplyQuote
Edith Winbaum
(@edith)
Eminent Member

Luckily, I've never had this happen. That must have been frustrating for your coworker. I can't imagine getting hit with a bill for an upgrade that I didn't ask for.

ReplyQuote
Sarah Wilson
(@shwilson)
Eminent Member

I never had this happen anywhere I have stayed. I haven't stayed in Vegas yet, planning my first trip! I hope this wont be the first experience of it though, I am a bit worried about it lol

ReplyQuote
Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member

A few times I was. It was due to the hotel staff. I was charged double for food on a few different trips at different hotels. I was also charged for a guest pass for the pool when my wife and I went because someone said they were our guest but they didn't bother to verify it. 

ReplyQuote
Share: