Budgeting for the right hotel cost?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Do you have a process where you make sure your spending funds aren't eaten up in hotel costs when you travel the Vegas? I am looking for tips to better budget my money starting with the hotel I go with. Do you guys have any tips?

FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member

Well I figure how much I can spend in total and then I make sure my hotel doesn't go above 30% of that. Similar to buying a house, you want to stay at 30% or less of your monthly income for a mortgage. I find this works the best so I have plenty to spend and enjoy my trip.

ReplyQuote
Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @fifteengreen

Well I figure how much I can spend in total and then I make sure my hotel doesn't go above 30% of that. Similar to buying a house, you want to stay at 30% or less of your monthly income for a mortgage. I find this works the best so I have plenty to spend and enjoy my trip.

This is actually a smart move. Say you have a budget of $2,000 - you spend $600 or less on hotel costs and you are left with $1,400 spending money which will make for a solid trip!

ReplyQuote
Fit Travel
(@fittravel)
Estimable Member

I will just always make sure I have at least $1,500 to spend on each trip. This is for food, shows, gambling, etc. and there have been plenty of times that I have come home with cash. I don't include the room costs or plain tickets with my spending budget. 

ReplyQuote
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member

I have a nice savings but it won't all be going toward my trip this year. I am looking to get the most for my money. I don't want to spend more than $400 in total hotel costs/fees. 

ReplyQuote
Share: