Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

So I heard this might be a thing. Or rather, WILL be a thing. Most people are saying they likely won't be able to get a license to have the fight in Vegas, however. I am not sure if this is down to risk or what but last time Mike got in a ring to take on Roy Jones Jr, it was held in Florida. 

Juliant
(@juliant)
Estimable Member

I had no idea this was even going to be a thing. I would say this should go in the sports section but this is not "real" boxing, at least not to me. I would be surprised if they did have this be in Vegas though.

ReplyQuote
Maria Robinson
(@maria)
Eminent Member

I thought Jake Paul was just doing this for cash grabs but my husband said his last match was actually really impressive. I guess he is a serious boxer now? 

ReplyQuote
Caleb Oldenburg
(@caleb)
Eminent Member

If this ends up happening, I can bet you it happens in Miami. There is a lot of political spotlights on that place right now. For one, it has officially become a red city. Trump is down in Florida. They were the first state to fight against mandates. It would make more sense. I am not a fan of Trump but him showing up to the fight would put it all over the map. 

ReplyQuote
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone heard any update on this since I posted it? I am curious to see where it stands. 

And yeah you are probably right Caleb. Florida is hot right now, especially in Miami. 

ReplyQuote
Share: