How do you know if you are overpaying?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Pizza Blue
(@pizzablue)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

It seems like this is a common mistake people make when going to Vegas, especially if it is their first, second, or third time. They end up overpaying for entertainment in the area. I have heard this many times now and I am wondering if there are ways of knowing if you are being overcharged or not without being an experienced traveler. 

Lucas Brown
(@lucas)
Estimable Member

You can usually talk down prices of certain events the day of if they are looking to fill seats or space. There is no way of knowing without comparing other shows, concerts, or events. 

ReplyQuote
Shelly Ann
(@poweruser)
Eminent Member

I never heard of talking down prices myself but I guess you can do this anywhere if you have the right timing and know what to say. I usually just compare prices and costs of different things and see what is the best deal overall be it entertainment, food, or hotels.

ReplyQuote
Maria Robinson
(@maria)
Eminent Member

I asked this before, not on here but another forum. Something people kept saying is that you have to compare prices online. I feel like this only works for certain shows and venues. 

ReplyQuote
FifteenGreen Doh
(@fifteengreen)
Estimable Member

I find it best to ask prices of different venues that are similar and compare with people. If you are wondering about a show or something, just make a thread for it here and see what others are paying. 

ReplyQuote
Share: